Media Relations Specialist
The nation's premier PR firm specializing in the franchise industry seeks a results driven, motivated team player to pitch national and local media and coordinate publicity campaigns for a wide variety of franchise clients.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Local, regional and national media activities that result in increased franchise and store-level sales for our clients.
- Consistent communcations and reporting mechanisms with clients are a key component of the job.
Situated in a beautiful new office building in Northbrook, we offer a competitve salary and excellent benefits in a casual work environment that offers tremendous growth potential. We prefer, but don't require, local candidates.
- The ideal candidate will posses:
- The equivalent of 1-3 years media relations experience
- Public Relations background is a must
- The ability to effectively "pitch" journalists by phone
- Sharp writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- A "Think Big" mentality
- Team player
Social Media Intern
- Develop and maintain internet media lists including influential blogs
- Monitor social media initiatives and client accounts
- Identify and establish relationships with online influencers including bloggers
- Assist in writing and producing blog posts, social network messaging, online articles, internet videos and more
- Drive traffic through targeted engagement
- Compile analytics reports
- Assist in the production of case studies
- Upload content to online channels including blogs, video and photo sharing sites and social media networks
Knowledge of online marketing and advertising techniques, basic understanding of search engine optimization and marketing concepts, extensive experience using social networks, strong verbal and written communcation skils, desire to learn, strong work ethic, positive attitude, ability to work on deadline, team-orientated mindset and interest in developing social media relations and marketing skills. Experience with interactive project management, online video production and usability design a plus.
You Must Have Experience With At Least One Of The Following:
- Web Design or Development
- Flash Design or Development
- Social Networking (with 3 or more networks) - Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Flickr, Friendster, etc.
- Internship is a paid position, where school credit can also be earned.
- Students are required to work 20+ hours per week with an open, flexible schedule built around the student's needs.
- Interested students should submit resume, work samples, links to social networking accounts and cover letter to ther person listed below:
- Rachael Dror, Fishman Public Relations, Social Media Manager, email@example.com