Staff Writer/Editor – PR & Digital Agency
When you join the Fishman PR & Marketing team, you're not just working at another PR firm - you're becoming a part of the nation's powerful franchising industry. Because of our over two-decade history representing hundreds of restaurant, retail, fitness & wellness, home improvement, B2B and other franchised brands, we are looked upon as THE experts in the franchise industry for how to grow a brand through effective PR, social media and marketing. Our roster includes some of North America's largest, well-established franchised brands, as well as emerging brands and those in the mid-market range. No matter their size, segment or age, every Fishman PR & Marketing client shares a single desire: positive exposure in the marketplace to move their brands forward. As competition in the franchise space increases, demand for our services will never wane.
As we continue to grow at rocket speed along with the industry, we are seeking to expand our team with a Staff Writer. This position will create various communications, including blog posts, press releases, proposals, byline articles, white papers and other materials as needed that target both the consumer and business audiences through traditional and digital media. The overall objective is to create content that creates inbound links to our clients’ websites for franchise lead generation and increased consumer traffic.
The ideal candidate will be a highly skilled writer/communicator who is comfortable working with senior officers as he/she will interface with clients to interview them and gather necessary facts and information to write articles and blogs. A successful candidate must be a multi-tasker who works well under multiple and shifting deadlines. They must possess a crisp, active writing style, organization, and an unyielding drive for accuracy.
Situated in a contemporary office building in the Chicago suburb of Northbrook, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package in a casual work environment.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The most qualified candidates for the Senior Staff Writer position at Fishman PR & Marketing will possess the following skills/experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications/journalism, public relations and/or related field
• 3-5 years’ experience working in corporate communications, public relations, media or related fields
• Must be detail-oriented and analytical with strong organizational skills
• Must be a superior communicator and possess sharp writing and editing skills and experience writing for different audiences using various formats
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills. Must demonstrate skills in developing respect among senior officers of our clients, as well as co-workers and third parties. Ability to maintain exceptional working relationships
• Ability to work in a variety of team situations
• Experience editing and nurturing writers
• Proven ability to set priorities and balance numerous responsibilities
• Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment under tight deadlines
• Understanding of digital marketing
Please submit your resume to Rachael Wachstein firstname.lastname@example.org
Media Relations Specialist
The nation's premier PR firm specializing in the franchise industry seeks a results driven, motivated team player to pitch national and local media and coordinate publicity campaigns for a wide variety of franchise clients.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Local, regional and national media activities that result in increased franchise and store-level sales for our clients.
- Consistent communications and reporting mechanisms with clients are a key component of the job.
Situated in a beautiful new office building in Northbrook, we offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits in a casual work environment that offers tremendous growth potential. We prefer, but don't require, local candidates.
- The ideal candidate will posses:
- The equivalent of 1-3 years media relations experience
- Public Relations background is a must
- The ability to effectively "pitch" journalists by phone
- Sharp writing skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- A "Think Big" mentality
- Team player